State of the Art Technology
Computed Dental Radiography by Schick Technologies, Inc.
You’re concerned about x-ray exposure. So are we. That’s why we here at Edgewater Dental Associates feature CDR, Computed Dental Radiography - the safer, better, faster, and smarter x-rays:
Computed Dental Radiography (CDR)
- Safer because CDR requires up to 90% less radiation than conventional film x-rays.
- Better since the CDR image can be magnified 300x its normal size to enhance diagnosis, manipulated to correct contrast, and color-adjusted to reveal hidden problems.
- Faster because CDR images are instantaneous. No time is wasted processing and mounting x-ray film.
- Smarter because the CDR system uses no film or chemicals, so we don’t have to worry about disposing hazardous processing waste. That’s good news for the environment.
Your x-rays will still be taken only as necessary and as recommended by the American Dental Association. With our office’s CDR system, however, they’ll be safer, better, faster, and smarter.
Drill-less Dentistry or Micro Dentistry: Kinetic Cavity Preparation (KCP)
Our office offers a new drill-less technology that can be used in many procedures as a more comfortable alternative to the dental drill. Thanks to this new technology, we can provide you with attractive, tooth-colored mercury-free fillings faster and easier than ever before.
Kinetic Cavity Preparation or KCP is a new technology that can be used as an alternative to the drill in many procedures. A microscopically fine powder (a biocompatible substance long used in medicine and food) is carried to the tooth by a stream of air, gently spraying away decay. In a simple sense, you could say it works like a precise miniature sandblaster. Thanks to its precision and gentleness, the KCP allows us to treat decay at an earlier stage without as much removal of healthy tooth material, thereby helping to preserve the strength of the tooth. Teeth treated this way may be less likely to required crowns in the future. Smaller fillings are less susceptible to wear and may last longer.
Main benefits of KCP are:
- Ideal for children as well as adults
- Often no need for injections
- No vibrations
- No whining sound
- Less time in the chair
Intra Oral and Digital Photography
With today’s technology, we are able to use intra oral and digital photography to our advantage to help us give our patients the best possible treatments.